9:44 am - Wednesday October 22, 2014

Zubaida Tariq’s Profile

Zubaida’s full name is Zubaida Tariq, popularly known as Zubaida Apa. Zubaida’s father is from Badayoo, her mother is from Zilabadi. Zubaida tariq was born in 1945 at Hyderabad Dakan, after the 3 years of separation of Pakistan She migrated to Pakistan in Karachi,  PIB Colony.  She lived up with her 6 sisters and 4 brothers, In 1951 she lost her grand father there after she lost her father in 1953. After the death of father 3 of her sister’s took all the responsibilities of running the house .

Zubaida got married to her first cousin. His name is Tariq Hussain. She met him in 1954. He came to stay over at his auntie’s (dad’s sister’s) house. Tariq’s mother used to like Zubaida a lot. She expressed her feelings about making Zubaida her daughter-in-law. Then in 1966, they got married. When the marriage was decided, Zubaida lived on Jamshed Road. When she got married she didn’t know how to cook a single thing. She didn’t even know how to cook plain rice. She got married at the age of 21.

“I’ll tell you a story. At first, She cooked curry. She didn’t even know that it is cooked with yogurt in it. She mixed pea flour (besan) with water and it just won’t get thick enough. She didn’t have the courage to ask someone,” says Zubaida.

Her husband was in the “Lever Brothers.” Over the time, she learned how to cook by herself. Then whenever they invited someone over to dinner, Zubaida was the one who cooked all the food for them. When she cooked food for her husband’s lunch, she cooked food for about 7 people, because his friends liked the food cooked by zubaida. Tariq’s friend encouraged her a lot. She didn’t have confidence in her, because she didn’t have any sort of degree. When all these people encouraged her then she realized I Have Taste In My Hands. In the 45 years of married life she might engage only 6 catering services at various gathering and parties, otherwise she love to cook the food by herself.

“I’ll tell you another story. It was her nephew’s valima ceremony in Sheraton Hotel. They arranged a Hi-Teat party. Zubaida and her sister’s didn’t like it. All 5 of our sisters cooked food for everyone. We convert the whole Hi-Teat party in dinner by ourselves. There were about 1200 people in that party. The food was so delicious, that the people that were there still remember it,” she said.

She started her career in the age of 50. When most people retire, she started gaining fame and she also succeeded. In 1996, Tariq retired. “When he worked in the “Lever Brothers,” I never went to my husband’s office. But the day he got retired, I got appointed in his office; in the Dalda Advisory. He came home with the retirement and I left to go to his office,” she said.

When she started her job, she had no helper. She used to take care of all the work by herself. Then they started the telephone service. After that, they started the Dalda Advisory, in which Rahat, Shabana Hafeez, Tahira Qureshi and a guy Imam joined Zubaida.

Zubaida didn’t appoint any professional trainer, so people started criticizing her. She did 90 programs, and a book that was with her own masala variation, for example; Palau, Nihari, Bihari Kabab, Daal Masala, Sabzi, Tandoori.

Actually, the Tandoori recipe they had was for about 26½ hours. Zubaida made it from 26½ to ½ hour. That was a big achievement for Zubaida. She worked there for 1 ½ years. She placed 5 Daal Masalay into 1 packet. Because for just 1 Daal Masala, no one is going to spend Rs. 27, because 1 packet of Daal Masala contains only 1 cup of the Masala. Then Zubaida made the Daal Masala, so that it can be used in more than one type of Daal. Zubaida worked on ARY for 1½ years, and then she did 120 programs with Sajid Hussain, 120 morning programs with Nadia, and about 450 shows with Kiran. Then Zubaida came on FM 107 with a show called “Aik Mukammal Ghar” which was first hosted by Azra Manzoor. In the meantime, she did 200 shows of another program called “Kitchen Magic.” And then she did another show on GEO by the name of “Aaj Ke Bhao.” “I think that in my career, beauty of the hands means more than the beauty of the face, but the people today take care of their face more than keeping their hands clean. For example; long nails, hair untied, sleeves are so big that they are going inside the cooking pan (Karahi),” says Zubaida.

She is now working with MASALA in our favorite show Handi. Uptil now 300 episodes of HANDI are broadcasted.

Her daughter is the principle of a school. She has two sons; 1 is 20-years-old and the 2nd is 13-years old. Her son-in-law works in the Standard Chartered Bank. Her son has done MBA and he is also an artist. He paints beautifully. He has worked in the DHL for many years. He is also an interior designer. These days he is working in a cooking show on Zaiqa by the name of “Khate Peete” with Mishi Khan. Cooking is one of his hobbies. His wife’s name is Saba. After 10 years, Allah has granted Zubaida with 2 grandsons.

“I can never forget the day I lost my father, because I lost him when I was very young,” she says.  “Jaisay hi hosh sambhala, apne baap ko kho diya.” When her father died, it was the time of Maghrib. Right then, her sister said a “shair.”

“Kano mein tham gayi thi aisay Azan-e-Maghrib,

2 waqt mill rahe thay ek saath choot raha tha.”

There’s an Island in Bangkok by the name of Phuket.” A really big show is held there. When Zubaida went there, the people left the show and came to her to get an autograph. That was a very big feeling for her.

When she gets furious, she scolds people no matter who it is. She even scolds her servant, but when she cools down she even goes and says sorry to that servant. She likes to work with broad minded people in a clean environment. She loves to cook all sorts of food. “No one ever criticized me directly, but in-directly a lot of people do criticize me. But I don’t mind, because Allah watches everything and he is the one that does justice,” says Zubaida.

Zubaida’s mother wasn’t educated, but she knew 36 Deewan-e-Hafiz, Meer and Ghalib by heart. She used to water 300 flower pots daily. She died when she was 86-years-old. But she never even asked anyone for a glass of water in her whole life.

The country Zubaida liked the best was India. “If she ever gets a chance to go on another trip, she would like to go to India, because the people in India were extremely pleasant and nice. I’ll tell you a memorable moment from India. The people in Tariq’s company took us to the Taj Hotel. A waitress came and gave me a menu, but I didn’t understand, she came to me twice but I couldn’t say anything. When she came to me the third time, she asked my name and told everyone that I was the most “Well Dressed Lady” in the whole hotel. This was a very memorable moment for me,” says Zubaida.

Zubaida’s Favorite Foods: Daal, Keema with Rice, and Chutni Papadi.

Zubaida’s Favorite Flowers: Jasmine (Chameli), Motia, Cestrum nocturnum (Raat Ki Rani)

Zubaida’s Most Memorable Moment: “The day I became a mother, I felt like the beauty of the whole world was right in front of my eyes,” says Zubaida.

Zubaida’s Trips: She went to London 2 times, India 3 times, Dubai 2 times, and Egypt 2 times.

Zubaida’s Weaknesses: She believes people really fast, and she is nice to everyone.

Zubaida’s Favorite Color: Off-White and Black.

She can make any kind of food by just tasting it once either a Pakistani ,Continental,Chinese or any kind of dish , she just tastes it and has an ability to present it  with more taste and deliciosity , as far as our traditional food is concerned if we go down to memory lines/history we can see neat and tidy shining dishes & clean dastarkhuwan ,delicious fragrance curry & biryani ,yakni ,pulao are spread over like famous personalities. Beauty is not only  linked with tasty food but also with the table manners and traditional  & culturism.

Filed in: Recipes

83 Responses to “Zubaida Tariq’s Profile”

1. Ujala
    August 15, 2010 at 7:28 pm #

i’m very impressed from appa

2. Humaira imran
    August 23, 2010 at 4:32 am #

Dear zubaida Aapa…..AOA, U have made cooking soo easy for us.. God bless u..

3. QIRAT MANZOOR
    September 26, 2010 at 11:29 am #

I LIKE UR PROFILE CAN U TELL ME DA WEIGHT LOSS TIP PLZ I HAVE MORE WEIGHT N ALSO HOW TO LOSS HIPS THNX

4. admin
    September 27, 2010 at 11:39 am #

Beta weight loss karnay k bht se tareeqay diyeh hain meine inhein use karein inshALLAH faida ho ga.

5. nahal
    September 27, 2010 at 5:21 pm #

i’m very impressed appa

i like ur profile

6. nahal
    September 27, 2010 at 5:22 pm #

appa plz arbi paratha bana sekha dea…..

7. salma uzman
    September 29, 2010 at 1:03 pm #

aoa zubaida aapa so nice ov u,,u mada cooking very easy for every women,,,im totaly impressed,,,thankx aalot

8. October 10, 2010 at 1:10 am #

AOA ZUBAIDA AAPPA U R A GREAT PERSON I AM IMPRESSED WITH UR QUALITIES allah AP KO SEHAT AUR KAMYABIA DA HAMEESHA AMEEN TC ALLAH HAFIZ

9. naz
    October 10, 2010 at 1:36 am #

Aapa asalam-o-alaikum Aapa mere face per humesha khushi ke dabhe per jaate hain khushki ke nishan ban jaate hain koi totka bataien

10. October 12, 2010 at 2:36 pm #

aapa asalam_o_ alaikum aapa mein apne paon ko buhat khoobsurat banana chahti hun tou jo apne shaljam wala totka btata tha to please mujhe bhi bata de

11. sara
    October 13, 2010 at 12:15 am #

salam appa….aap se poochna tha k mene pichlay dinun ak shampoo use keya jo shayad expire tha us se mere baal poori tarha se ulajh k ak doosray k sath chimat gaye…or balun ka gucha bun gaya boll ki tarha or boht sakhti se jura gay hn…mere baal lambay or ghanay hn or mn is bary mn boht pareshan hun…ap kuch aisi tip batayn k wo gucha sulajh jay…or us mn se baal nikal ayn pehlay jaisay….mene olive oil bhi lagaya per 1 week ho gaya hy baal wese hi hn….gol gol ho k jur gay hn…plzzz help me apa ..mn boht pareshan hun….

12. October 14, 2010 at 9:11 pm #

aapa aadab
    i like u soooooooooooooo much.aapa mere 2 masley hein 1st yeh keh mere husband neend mein kharratey bht letey hein aap plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz koe totka bata dijyeh.doosra masla mein yahan nahin bata sakti plz help me for that also.
    ur daughter

13. admin
    October 15, 2010 at 11:19 am #

Apka jo bhi masla hai app yahan bata sakti hainaisa kio masla nahi hai.

14. sara
    October 15, 2010 at 1:10 pm #

anti aap ny mujhy mere maslay ka hal nahi bataya…plz tell me mn boht pareshan hun…plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

15. sara
    October 17, 2010 at 9:30 pm #

16. HINA
    October 21, 2010 at 3:39 pm #

SALAM…APA…M HINA 4RM RWP.PLZZZZZZZ MJAY SKIN GLOW KRNAY KA BARAY MAI BTAYE.R WAIT LOSS KRNAY KA BARY MAI..PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

17. admin
    October 22, 2010 at 11:21 am #

Siet pay dekhein apke maslo ka hul hai.

18. soha
    October 25, 2010 at 2:41 am #

salam.. apa iam from uae .. mare bate ko typhoid howa he pls can u tell me what can i do give me some totkas………………….. thanx ZUBAIDA AAPPA U R A GREAT PERSON I AM IMPRESSED WITH UR QUALITIES …ALLAH AP KO SEHAT AUR KAMYABIA DA HAMEESHA AMEEN TC ALLAH HAFIZ

19. October 25, 2010 at 2:42 am #

20. October 25, 2010 at 6:44 pm #

i want 2 join ur page on fb but i can’t plz tell me where is it????????

21. Fatima Abdullah
    November 4, 2010 at 11:17 am #

Dear Zubaida Apa:

I have been watching your shows and TV since the last three years and found them extremely enlightening.I am a great admirer of yours.You are a beautiful person,a wonderful mom and a sister for this society.Your tips are so useful, handy and effective.I wonder how did you learn all these.

You are an asset for this country.We want to learn a lot from you.There are few thinks that I like about media…and one is Zubaida Tariq.

I would love to do a cooking show with you.

One more thing…the way you carry yourself is just exemplery.

With lots of Love,

Fatima

22. admin
    November 4, 2010 at 2:22 pm #

Thank you so much for your appreciation.

23. mahtab
    November 6, 2010 at 2:02 pm #

Salam,
    apa aapnay puri duniya fata kerli .

24. November 8, 2010 at 8:02 pm #

Good to know about you Sweet aapa jee…ALLAH Bless You.

25. salma
    November 15, 2010 at 1:28 pm #

aoa plz mje koi tip batai jissay mairay hont patley or chotay hojai plz…… . mai apnay honto ki waja say boht pareshan hun or unpar kuch laga b nai sakti warna phir woh boht prominent hijatay hain plz mjhe koi achi tip batadai….. shukriya…..

26. salma
    November 15, 2010 at 5:57 pm #

aoa apa mairay hont boht baray hgai hai plz mje tip batai jis say wo patley hojay plzz….. thnks

27. Aqsa Raheel
    November 19, 2010 at 1:05 am #

Salam
    mi mrs Aqsa Raheel mere husbend ko psoriasis hai koi tip bata dyn mine bohot docter ko dekhaya hai pr waqti tor pe theek ho jati hai phr dobara ho jati hai plz koi solotion bata dyn

28. jawaria
    December 24, 2010 at 10:39 pm #

hello appa zubaida and abeel me and my mother love you show

29. January 2, 2011 at 12:58 pm #

Salam Zubaida Apa ;;;
    Kya haal hai ??? Pyari Apa meri ami k sath 1 chota masla hai…..:(
    meri ami k sar mai aksar dard hota hai.aur ami tablet b nhi khati……plzzzzzz apa ap iska hal bata de…
    Mai apka program boht showq se dekhti hon….I like it…plzzzz continues this….muje apke jawab ka wait rahe ga…
    Apki Pyari Musfira…

30. faiza
    January 5, 2011 at 8:42 pm #

speechless

31. Mumtaz
    January 8, 2011 at 6:47 pm #

live long apa and do more for huminity.

God Bless you

32. maryam
    January 12, 2011 at 6:12 pm #

hello zubada apaaaaaaaaaaaa///////////////
    u r reallly an example……………..
    fantastic
    u r tooooooooooooooo much stylooooooooooooooooooo
    very prety ……..
    allah apko zindgeee sahat da…

33. January 14, 2011 at 1:32 pm #

salam kasein hain ap ? mera hair bohat thick hain aur growth nhi hoti dandrauff bi bohat zeida hai .ap plz koi tip batein jis sa mera hair jali growth ho jaiyen.

34. Hina
    January 15, 2011 at 4:34 pm #

Salam Zubaida app .mujahy ap ka program ap ki batain or ap ki dressing behad pasand hay…
    mujahy ap say bohat batain karni hain plz mujahy apna no send kar dain mail kardain
    thanks …….. program may call nahimilty bohat try kia
    Hina

35. AAMIR
    January 19, 2011 at 9:01 am #

AOA zubaida appa, i want to say sorry to you yeh jo ajj kal app ke name se msg arahy hain mene bhi shayad kabhi 1-2 fwd kardiey thay, magar mujhay lagta hai k yeh bohat galat hai main dil se app ko sorry kehna chahta hoon , plz mujhay maaf kar dieyga , AAMIR frm KHI

LONG LIVE ZUBAIDA APPA

36. pari
    January 22, 2011 at 7:07 pm #

apa mjhe b ap se 1 masla poochna hai pr me ap se yahan nhi pooch sakti.mjhe us ka hal btaye .ur doughter

37. shan
    January 24, 2011 at 10:21 pm #

salam my realy dear n respectful appa
    i realy like u n ur shows
    ALLAH gives u more ezaat n happyness ameen

38. UZAIR AHMED
    January 27, 2011 at 11:53 pm #

as alaikum how r u mujha anti constipation rahta ha 7 years sa plz ap mujha kuch bata dan.

39. January 28, 2011 at 2:50 pm #

wonderful lady Allah bless u

40. sohani
    January 29, 2011 at 3:27 pm #

hiii appa ap ki recipes bohut ache hen muje magsine den plz appa…………

41. farah
    January 29, 2011 at 9:54 pm #

plz plz aapa aap mujhe lycoria k liya koe treatment ye totka bataya plz…..mujhe buhat ziyda lycoria hai
    plz mujhe jald iss ka haal bataya

42. kaainat
    February 1, 2011 at 1:56 pm #

u r so gd

43. kaainat
    February 1, 2011 at 2:00 pm #

aapa plz ap mje clear face k bare me tips bta dyn

44. moiz
    February 2, 2011 at 6:07 pm #

ma aj ka jawwab dena charaha ho is ka jawaab sania misrza hai hydrabadi tenis mashor!!!!

45. February 2, 2011 at 10:11 pm #

YOUR PROFILE IS IMPRESSIVE AND I CAN RELATE TO U. YOU ARE INSPIRATION FOR YOUNG
    GIRLS. I AM FOND OF U AND WATCHES UR SHOW ON MASALA T.V. YOU R REPRESENTING A
    CULTURE AND CIVILIZATION. SALUTE TO UUUUUUUUUUU DEAR APPA.YOUR STYLE IS
    GREATTTTT.

46. zaib
    February 7, 2011 at 2:00 pm #

AOA apa app sab ki help kartii plzz merii b help karain plzzz mujhay apna email btain yaaa mujhay totkaa btain main married hu aur kuch problem hain mujhay strong hunay k liyeh kuch btain sexually strongness k liyeh pllllzzzzzz help me out thanzzzz

47. February 16, 2011 at 11:18 pm #

AOA kya haal hai? mara masla height hai mari height nahi bar rahe plz plz ap mujh kuch acha sa batadey or mujh ap ki email id chaheye plz plz plz plz plz plz and God bless u

48. Mirza Talha
    February 26, 2011 at 2:43 pm #

mere bal ahista ahista white ho rahe hain or dry b hain plz jaldi kuch bataye. men ap ka shukar guzar hoon ga…

49. parween
    March 7, 2011 at 1:06 am #

salammmmm apa
    i live in riadh,i am house wife.ap s ik mashwara lina tha.mery bitiy ki age 12 year h.us ka iron kam rahta h,waisiy mashallah active h,likin blood test m iron 6 ya 7 hi ata h,ap muj ko guide kariy k miy us ko khaniy m kia kia do.waisiy wo fast food ko pasand karta h.plzzzzzzzzzzz ap zaroor batiy k us ko kia kia khana chiy,apa m ap ko face book p add karna chati ho.ap apna adrees diy.yaha pardess m hmesha ap ki mashwaroo ki zaroorat hoti h.allah ap ko ajer zaroor diyga
    thanks
    reply zaroor kariy ,alllhafiz

50. March 8, 2011 at 5:09 pm #

slam appa i like you much.mera wieght thora zeyda he .man 4 ya 5 kilo kam karna chahti hon. man garam cheezin ni kha sakti or lamon b use ni ker sakti. meri age 30 he or i have 3 kidz. koi diet plan ya koi totka bata den plzzzzzzzzz