1:50 am - Monday March 10, 2014
- Brown Fish 1 kg
- White Vinegar 2 Tbsp
- Poppy seeds (KhashKhaash) 1 Tbsp
- White cumin 1/2 Tbsp
- White sesame(til) 2 Tbsp
- Ginger 2 Tbsp
- Garlic 2 tbsp
- Turmeric 1/2 tsp
- Whole coriander 2 tbsp
- Peanut’s feeds 10-12
- Whole red chili 4
- Fenugreek seeds few
- Desiccated Coconut(Khopra)1 small piece
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp
- Green chili 6
- Curry Leaves 6 Leaves
- Lemon 1-2
- Tamarind (Imli) juice 1/2 cup
- Mustard oil 1 Cup
- Salt As per taste
- Clean the skin of fish then cut them into big pieces now paste white vinegar on it without washing and keep it for 10 minutes then wash it semi hot water.
- Roast poppy seeds (KhashKhaash), white cumin, white sesame (Til), whole coriander, peanuts and desiccated coconut (khopra) on pan then grind them all together.
- Hot oil in cooking bowl and put whole red chili, fenugreek seeds (Methi Dana) and 3 curry leaves and cook them till black. Now add salt, garlic, turmeric, chili powder, ginger and all roasted and grinded spices and roast them all together then put off from stove.
- Paste lemon juice on fish pieces and fry them till it turns brown. Hot all spices again then spread fish on pieces on roasted spices.
- Add lemon juice, curry leaves and green chili with it and shake decently the cooking pot for a while.
- When oil comes up cook pan on light flame for 5-10 minutes.
- Your Mahi Khaliya is ready now serve it with plain rice.