5:58 pm - Thursday August 21, 2014
Kali Masoor Chicken Biryani
- Whole black Lentils (Masoor) 1 cup
- Long Grain Rice (Basmati) 1 kg
- Green Chili 8
- Mint 1 bunch
- White Vinegar 1 tbsp
- Green Cardamom (Illaichi) 4
- Black Cumin 1 tsp
- Butter 1 tsp
- Chicken Slices 1 and 1/2 kg
- Onion 4 (Fine Chopped)
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Lemon 6
- Ginger Garlic 1 tbsp, milled
- Whole Black Pepper 6-8
- Oil 1 cup
- Salt as per taste
- First of wash lentils and boil in hot water, be careful it should not be boiled much, when boiled separate water by sieve.
- Combine yogurt, ginger, garlic, lemon, mint, green chili, cardamom and salt, boil them without water till its water gets dry then take it off.
- Fry onions till brown then take out and place on a pepper, put oil on boiled chicken.
- Boil rice, during boiling put some mint, black cumin, green chili, salt, vinegar and green cardamom (illaichi) in it, sieve water from rice when boiled.
- Paste same oil on surface of cooking boil and place a layer of boiled rice on it then one layer of chicken and crush fried onions on it. Place another layer in the same way.
- On above all place a layer of rice and put fried onions and raw ghee on it.
- Put juice of 2 lemons and put cooking bowl on pan and heat on high flame for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes turn the flame light, when steam appears Biryani is ready.
- Serve it hot with Raita & Pickles.