5:35 pm - Sunday March 9, 2014
Arhar ki Khatti Daal
- Arhar ki Daal-1 cup (Dip into warm water n leave it for 30 minutes)
- Red Chili Powder-1/2tbsp
- Ginger-1 piece of half inch
- Green Chili-3
- Tamarind (Imli)-1 cup (Thick paste)
- Kari Leave (Kari Patta)-8
- Salt-As required
- Oil-1/2 Cup
- White cumin (Zeera)-1tsp
- Uncut Red Chilli - 4
- Take 4 cups of water in a cooking bowl and add daal, red chili, salt, turmeric in it.
- Cook it over a slow flame until daal got soft, then blend it in a blender and take it out again in a cooking bowl.
- Put tamarind, ginger, 4 kari patta in a blender and blend it, mix this mixture in cooking bowl along with daal.
- Put the remaining 4 kari patta and green chillies in cooking bowl and cook for 2 minutes.
- Heat up oil in a frying pan, put onion, cumin,Uncut red chillies in it and fry it. Now pour it over daal and cover up the bowl.
- Delicious daal is ready to eat. Serve with boiled rice along with pickle and enjoy .