6:19 am - Sunday December 21, 2014
Afghani Chicken Pulao
- Rice (Seela) 1 kg (Soak them for 8-10 hours)
- Chicken 1 of 1 and 1/2 kg weight (whole having cuts on it)
- Onions 4 fine chopped
- Milled Hot Spices 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Ghee/ oil 1 and 1/2 cup
- Tomato 12
- Green Cardamoms (Illaichi) 8
- Chopped Black Pepper 1 tbsp
- White Vinegar 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp
- Wash chicken and put half cup of vinegar on it and keep it for 15 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a cooking bowl, fry onions in it till golden brown and take them out and blend it with tomatoes, half hot spices, green cardamom in a blender and put them into ghee cooking bowl.
- Heat chicken in a separate frying pan till brown then put it into ready spices, put black pepper and 2 cup of hot water on it, cook it on light flame, when spice gravy gets thicker, turn off the stove.
- Heat water in a big cooking bowl, when its much hot put rice, salt and 1 tsp vinegar in and boil them, after boiling separate water from it.
- Put some oil on surface and place half of the rice on it now take out chicken from spices and place spices between rice and place remaining rice on it and spices around it. (Don’t put spices in middle of it).
- Sprinkle half hot spices on it. Cap it and cook on high flame, put cooking bowl on stove without pan. After 10 minutes turn flame light. After 10-15 minutes put it on pan.
- Serve it hot with yogurt Raita.